I am not quite fond of making year ender posts, in fact, I hadn’t published one in my whole blogging life as far as I remember. This year, let’s make it different. 2015 is the Year of the Sheep/Goat/Ram according to the Chinese zodiac, hence the photo above.
To be frankly honest, I can’t conclude if 2014 was one of the better years. A lot of things happened that may or may be life changing for me. Yes, I am that unsure because I can’t even say or decide whethere a life event is life changing to me or not. Let me list some of the things I remember that happened the past year.
- I spent half of my year trying to get my shit done at school. I have a unit left hanging in my curriculum which was the most painful 1 unit a Mapuan engineering student (I know all of them would agree, 100%.) could have. Sure, the mock board exams as a requirement for graduation is too much. While my friends commence their college lives last May, I was in a state of self denial in a lonely apartment in Manila trying to convince that it’s okay. Nonetheless, passing that exam was one of the most gratifying feeling ever. EVER. It was like taking a fish bone off from my throat, they say.
- Graduation day. After passing a nearly impossible exam, I was finally a legitimate candidate for graduation come August. It should’ve came early but hey, I won’t complain. Nothing fancy except that I was able to see genuine smiles from my family.
- I passed the board examination despite living a slack off life with my co-reviewees turn best buddies in the best apartment ever. Even before graduation, I already enrolled myself in a review center and took a risk of taking the September 2014 ECE Board Examinations. With that, I moved into a new apartment with two friends (and classmates) and two other people. God knows how totally bonkers our life was. It wasn’t ideal. No exaggerations but, a drinking session every weekend, a paper bag of empty and used cigarrete packs, no more than 1 hour of intense review, a longer sleeping time, flunking the review center’s pre-boards, etc. All that in consistency down to the very last week before the true game. Yet, we totally kicked the board exam’s ass off. God truly knows.
- I chose not to find a day job immediately like what most of colleagues did. I wanted a breather, a rest, a very long rest. If only I could hibernate beneath the sheets of the ground, I would. You probably knew where I’m coming from that’s why I need not to explain further. See item #1.
- I got rid of unimportant people and welcomed new ones. I think everyone should at least find time to check on people on their phone book, to go through the list of their facebook friends, or even think of the people they meet everyday. This year I learned that you don’t have to stay friends with all the people you meet. Some may remain as acquaintances and some as total strangers. When people go, people come. When someone leaves, someone arrives. You then welcome new people in your life again, who can possibly drift away as well or last a life time.
- I found myself in wordpress again! Right before this year ends, I talked to Mona if she could help me set up my blog and gladly she did. I made a mini come back the other week and here I am making a more sensisble post. I also gave my blog a new look which looks more decent than my previous ones. 🙂
That’s all I can collect from the clutter I made in 2014. Well, for 2015 I won’t ask nor expect for a “better” year. I have simple goals in life that I wanted to achieve.
- Find a day job be it in my field or not.
- Make blog posts more frequently maybe twice or thrice or four times a month.
- Travel. Recently, the family went to Vigan for a short trip. I also wandered the equally quaint city of Taal with Jb the other day. I’ll be making separate posts for those.
- Stay in love throughout 2015.
Happy New Year everyone! Altogether, let’s claim 2015 to be the year.