The Jakarta trip was one of the unplanned and impulsively booked travels that we’d probably have more in the future. It was an afternoon in mid-February when I, Sherica, Mary, and Claire were talking about One Direction concerts nearing to show dates and how Mary will be finding herself into at least three OTRA shows (Singapore, Manila, Jakarta) of the boys. An hour later, I and Sherica found ourselves with plane tickets to Jakarta and One Direction concert tickets. One squad, one goal. One flies to Jakarta to see 1D, we join.
Anyways, the concert was in Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Central Jakarta where we also found a hippie hostel to stay in for the next two days. There were few (almost to none) tourist friendly spots (at least, we didn’t find a place that was reachable by cab) in Central Jakarta except for flea markets and antique shops but it has definitely the… Jakarta traffic the world is talking about.
We flew with Cebu Pacific Air.
A sort of a freedom wall within the hostel’s lobby.
Jamming with Bob, a reggae artist residing in the hostel. We’re surprised he knew Filipino artists that we aren’t even familiar with.
Indonesian food is arguably the best (maybe next to Indian food) cuisine I’ve ever tasted. Nasi goreng (fried rice) is just a plateful of flavors! Beef rendang has got to be my favorite which is beef chunks slowly cooked in coconut milk with spices. We lunched out at Sari Ratu (local restaurant at Plaza Indonesia) where we literally freaked out and went “WE DID NOT ORDER THIS. WAIT! WAIT!” when we were served a whole bunch of Indonesian feast right away. Little did we know that it works that way and you get charged whatever you touched.
It’s Palm Sunday today and tomorrow’s officially the start of Holy Week. Have you booked your plans already?
C U R R E N T L Y
- reading reviews of beach resorts in Palawan and Batangas. We have yet to book somewhere for next week but we’ve been eyeing a resort just nearby.
- writing this post and our crazy hell Jakarta adventure.
- listening to the OTRA setlist mixtape in Spotify. I still can’t get over with the boys. 🙁
- thinking if I ate something spoiled or whatever because I’ve been to the bathroom at least thrice in the past 20 minutes.
- smelling coffee. Aaaaaah.
- wishing for Zayn to come back to the group. That’s okay, right???
- hoping to be able to return to my regular exercise programming tomorrow.
- wearing tank top + shorts.
- loving the view from Chapel on the Hill at Don Bosco Batulao. Photo above.
- wanting to cliff dive and snorkel and just basically taste seawater.
- needing to organize photos in my iPhone because my camera roll looks like a group selfie dump…. Well, it is.
- feeling excited for Holy Week, hoping we get to spend it by the beach.
- clicking online shops.
How about you? What are your plans for next week? Let me know!
Join this link up by siddathornton.
A couple of weeks ago, I finally had the guts to write up a story I thought I’d never share. I have drafted this post long ago and finally hit it up to The Fat Kid Inside without telling anyone. I realized that it went live on Erwan’s blog when people started sending me “congratulations” messages on facebook.
Anyways, here are some of my “before” photos that show how big and unhealthy I was.
That’s me circa 2010 in a Physics laboratory class.
Left photo: Christmas 2013, Right photo: 2011
Left photo: 2010 org party at school, Right photo: Christmas 2012
Let me share some things I did and things I still continue to do right now to lose weight, motivate myself, and redeem my self conifdence. Remember that these are personal experiences that I’m listing as “tips” though what may have worked for me doesn’t necessarily mean will work for you 100%. Consider them as guide and not your sole basis to starting a new lifestyle.
Weight Loss Tips aka Self-Redemption Tips
- Know your motivation.
- Take baby steps.
- Cut the junk.
- Cook your own food and/or prepare a meal plan.
- Reward yourself once in a while.
- Break a sweat.
- Beat your own record.
- Don’t look at the scale every single time.
- No shortcuts.
- Acknowledge what other people has to say about your improvement.
- Keep going and embrace your new lifestyle.
- Feel good about yourself.
You can read the whole story and the details on those weight loss tips on The Fat Kid Inside’s Random & Inspiration category. Link below.