Welcome to another edition of the vegan friendly recipe! For today, I am sharing my personal favorite dish which is a quick vegetable curry. Again, the recipe is pretty straightforward so I guess there will be little trouble following the procedures.
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 big potato, cubed
- 1 big sweet potato, cubed
- curry paste/powder
- coconut milk
- water, to dilute
- garlic and onion, minced
- chillies, if spicy curry is desired
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- seasoning (salt, pepper, paprika)
- basil leaves or cilantro leaves, to serve
- In a large sauce pan, heat a tablespoon or two of olive oil. When pan is hot, add your two kinds of potatoes and stir fry until slightly soft. Add your cauliflower then after until slightly tender. We lightly fry our vegetables to form a crust and create a texture so that it won’t be soggy when dumped into the curry mixture. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion until soft. Add curry paste/powder (I used curry powder from the grocery.) and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and water (depending on what consistency you like) and bring to a boil. Add pre-cooked vegetables and season with salt, pepper, and a little of paprika. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with basil or cilantro and serve with rice.
This recipe makes 4 servings. I ate this on my own for maybe 2 days (2-3 meals a day). Be sure to store in your fridge if not consumed because coconut milk might spoil with room temperature (room temperature is pretty high/hot in the Philippines so). Reheat through microwave and it will surely taste as good. 🙂